Chef - Hospitality Job in Chattanooga, TN
|Location:||Chattanooga, TN 37351|
|Job Ref Code:||17-1-8226|
Do you love working in the kitchen, showing off your culinary skills, and delighting people’s taste buds? Well, if you have a passion for food and want to make a living through food, then a job as a Chef could be the right opportunity for you!
Jobs as a Chef may require the following:
You will need to have the following:
- Ability to clearly communicate instructions and listen carefully to staff and customers so that orders are prepared correctly (English required).
- Creativity in order to develop and prepare interesting and innovative recipes. Should be able to use various ingredients to create appealing meals.
- Good physical stamina with the ability to stand for long periods of time, carry heavy trays or equipment, and work long shifts, overseeing the preparing and serving of meals.
- Manual dexterity, including proper knife techniques for cutting, chopping, and dicing.
- Good leadership skills and ability to motivate kitchen staff and develop constructive and cooperative working environment.
- A keen sense of taste and smell to inspect food quality and create enjoyable meals.
- Basic math skills and knowledge of fractions to precisely weigh ingredients mix and adjust recipes.
- Good organizational and time management skills with ability to efficiently manage time and the time of staff, ensuring meals are prepared correctly and customers are served on time, especially in peak hours.
- Knowledge of food safety practices ability to work while using/wearing proper safety gear.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Some experience working a kitchen, or culinary training is required, but most skills can be learned on the job (completion of apprenticeship program or technical or culinary school is a big bonus).
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — the job will keep you on the move throughout the day.
- Creative outlet — exploring new recipes and variations, let your creative genius flow and indulge your passions for food.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to communicate detailed information effectively with co-workers.
- Leadership/Team Work Skills — partnering with or directing co-workers to accomplish goals and direct the kitchen.
- Learning opportunity — a chance to learn a wide variety of culinary skills, detailed expertise, and diverse knowledge of recipes and cooking methods.
- Teaching & Management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for travel, professional development and training, advancement to head chef, restaurant owner … and those with prior experience increase their chances of landing a job, getting promoted, and possibly earning higher pay.