CDL Driver - Oklahoma City, OK
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Job Type: Temp to Hire
Job Ref Code: 3-2-12145
Do you like to drive tank trucks ? Are you OK with working with customers, being on the road, and driving ? Do you take pride in your work … getting the job done on time … and providing a vital service? If so, then we want to talk to you about an opportunity as CDL Driver!
The job responsibilities may include the following:
- Driving while transporting potentially hazardous material to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers.
- Reporting any incidents encountered on the road to a dispatcher.
- Following all applicable traffic laws.
- Inspecting trailers before and after the trip, and recording any defects found.
- Maintaining a log of work hours, rest periods, miles driven and fuel/toll receipts, following all regulations.
- Reporting serious mechanical problems to appropriate personnel.
- Maintaining trucks and associated equipment in clean and good working order.
- Inspecting vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues as well as performing preventative maintenance.
- Planning routes and meeting delivery schedules.
- Complying with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Learning opportunity - a chance to learn a wide variety of skills and industry knowledge.
- Building Friendships - meeting other people in the industry and building camaraderie.
- Rewarding career - job security and a chance to become an owner operator, going into business for yourself.