CDL Driver - Charlotte, NC
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 37-74-64876
Do you like to drive the big rigs? Are you OK with working alone, being on the road overnight, for a few days, or even a few weeks at a time? Do you take pride in your work … getting the job done on time … and providing a vital service? If so, then we want to talk to you about an opportunity as CDL Driver!
The job responsibilities may include the following:
- Driving long distances while transporting finished goods and raw materials to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers.
- Reporting any incidents encountered on the road to a dispatcher.
- Following all applicable traffic laws.
- Inspecting trailers before and after the trip, and recording any defects found.
- Maintaining a log of work hours, rest periods, miles driven and fuel/toll receipts, following all regulations.
- Reporting serious mechanical problems to appropriate personnel.
- Maintaining trucks and associated equipment in clean and good working order.
- Inspecting vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues as well as performing preventative maintenance.
- Planning routes and meeting delivery schedules.
- Complying with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Maneuvering trucks into loading or unloading positions.
- Collecting and verifying delivery instructions.
- Reporting defects, accidents, or violations.
- Carrying or lifting heavy objects and to squat, kneel down, bend, or crawl in awkward positions.
You will also need to:
- Have a commercial driver’s license (CDL).
- Have good health, physical strength, hand-eye coordination, endurance, depth perception, and the ability to concentrate on job responsibilities.
- Be continually attentive and mindful of your surroundings to keep yourself and others safe.
- Be able to understand and communicate information (English language is also essential).
- Proven experience as a truck driver.
- Hands-on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB etc.).
- Be able to drive long hours and travel regularly.
- Have extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations.
- Have no recent moving or driving violations.
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc.).
- Be willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations.
- Trucking school diploma.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Travel opportunities — explore the entire U.S., even Canada and Mexico.
- Learning opportunity — a chance to learn a wide variety of skills and industry knowledge.
- Building Friendships — meeting fellow truckers and building camaraderie.
- Rewarding career — job security and a chance to become an owner–operator, going into business for yourself.
Less than 1 Year