Cashier - Retail Job in Austin, TX
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 21-1-6431
Are you interested in working in a fast-paced retail environment with a chance to learn the business from the inside out? Here’s a chance to serve as an integral person to making sure the business runs smoothly, handling vital tasks including: collecting payment from customers, bagging purchases, and answering customer questions.
If this sounds like the challenge you’re looking for, then a job as a Cashier could be the right role for you.
Cashier responsibilities may include the following:
- Processing sales on a cash register by scanning and bagging items
- Collecting payments from customers including cash, credit, and checks.
- Assisting and processing product returns for customers
- Ensuring the cash drawer is balanced before and after their shift.
- Entering price changes as necessary during the checkout process
- Keeping checkout areas clean and clear of clutter
- Answering customer questions and directing them to the appropriate departments.
- Excellent customer service skills and a friendly demeanor
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Basic understanding of math
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High School degree; additional experience as a cashier would be a plus
- Customer service skills — dealing with multiple customers, co-workers, and superiors.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to talk to diverse sets of customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training, advancement to supervisory or management roles, and those with prior experience increase their chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.
You will need to have the following: :
Your GainWhat you may gain while on the job: