Carpenter - Newnan, GA
Location: Newnan, GA
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 32-7-2071
Are you passionate about construction and maintenance of beautiful and long-lasting buildings and products? Do you have great hand dexterity and an eye for detail? Are you looking for a flexible job that provides an essential service and rewarding career path?
We are looking for a qualified Carpenter to cut, fabricate and install wooden and other structures according to specifications. The ideal candidate will have good knowledge of wood and carpentry materials, will work with little supervision, and follow all health and safety standards.
If you can handle this and work in diverse settings, producing quality workmanship with pride, then is role is for you!
Carpenter responsibilities may include the following:
- Reading blueprints, drawings, and sketches to fully grasp requirements.
- Taking measurements and calculating the size and amount of material needed.
- Cutting, shaping, and smoothing lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass) according to measurements.
- Building window frames, walls doors, staircases, and frame buildings from raw materials or pre-constructed items.
- Laying out floorings, roofing, or drywalls ensuring they are leveled and compatible.
- Carving and assembling furniture, cabinets, shelves, and other items and installing them where designated.
- Inspecting places and conducting repairs or maintenance.
- Building scaffolding and other construction structures.
- Erecting, leveling, and installing building framework with the help of rigging hardware and cranes.
- Inspecting and replacing damaged framework or other structures and fixtures.
- Instructing and directing laborers and other construction helpers.
You will need to have the following:
- Proven experience as carpenter or carpenter’s helper.
- Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials.
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction.
- Proficiency with electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (power saws, hammers, rulers etc.).
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings.
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times.
- Good knowledge of English.
- Good understanding of basic math.
- Good physical condition and endurance.
- Ability to stand and walk, lift and/or move up to 50 to over 100 lbs.
- High school diploma; Successful completion of a carpentry apprenticeship program is required.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — the job will keep you busy and moving throughout the day.
- Technical Expertise — learning to operate and master complex tools and machinery.
- Customer service skills — dealing with multiple customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to talk to diverse sets of customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Teaching & Management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training, advancement to supervisory or management roles, and self-employment. Those with prior experience increase chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.