Cabinet Installer - Construction - Baton Rouge
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 25-31-5505
Want to learn a trade that can lead to a long-term career in the construction or home building industry? Do you like using tools and working with your hands to install or disassemble things? Do you know your way around a kitchen, bathroom or home? Well if this sounds good, then a job as a cabinet installer might be a great opportunity for you!
Cabinet Installers and related jobs may require the following:
- Measuring, cutting, and shaping wood, plastic, — and other materials.
- Installing kitchen cabinets in new homebuilding or remodeling jobs.
- Loading job materials into installation trucks and securing loads.
- On-site fabrication (with silicone) and job leveling (shimming).
- Protecting flooring, cabinet and customer appliances (laying down drop cloths, etc.).
- Assisting with sink mounts.
- Driving installation trucks as required.
- Re-stocking of truck (silicone, shims, and consumables).
- Reviewing and understanding all information listed on job order paperwork before beginning a project.
- Carefully assessing, cleaning, and inspecting work area for possible damage before leaving job site.
- Updating team regarding job status and any possible issues arising before, during, and after installation.
- Maintaining and safeguarding installation tools.
- Ensuring company vehicles are maintained, cleaned, and refueled.
- Adhering to all safety procedures and practices including drug-free workplace policy.
- Building relationships with homeowners, trade partners, and vendors.
- Obtaining required technical knowledge to use various tools or computerized machines.
- Completing on-the-job training programs; working with a mentor and learning basic job and safety principles.
- Carrying or lifting heavy objects and to squat, kneel down, bend, or crawl in awkward positions.
You will need to have the following:
- Have physical strength, hand-eye coordination, endurance, depth perception and the ability to concentrate on job responsibilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English), and ability to listen carefully to and follow instructions.
- Basic math skills and accuracy in reading/understanding measurements.
- A positive attitude with strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced environments.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Good organizational and time management skills to ensure timely and thorough job completion.
- Previous cabinet installing experience is a strong advantage, but no experience is required.
- Experience in construction is a bonus.
- Plumbing experience would be a plus.
- Cabin Vision Engineer Software experience highly desirable but not required.
- Dependable transportation, a valid driver's license, and no physical limitations to perform the tasks required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — This job will keep you busy and constantly moving throughout the day.
- Communication skills — provide information and coordinating with supervisors, co-workers, and external partners to carry out job logistics and daily responsibilities.
- Learning opportunity — gaining in-depth industry knowledge and a variety of carpentry and construction skills.
- Teaching & mentoring skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — steady work and opportunities for advancement to supervisory, management, or sales roles.