Billing Assistant - Sarasota, FL
Location: Sarasota, FL
Job Type: Temp to Hire
Are you the analytical and methodical type with experience in payroll administration and knowledge of payroll regulations? Do you possess integrity, team spirit and strong organizational skills, and the ability to ensure payroll procedures are compliant, efficient and up to date? If this describes you, then you just might be the right candidate for the Billing Assistant role!
Billing Assistant responsibilities may include the following:
- Assisting in issuing invoices and payments.
- Receiving and managing incoming payments.
- Updating client accounts with received and missed payments.
- Maintaining accurate client account records.
- Working with customers to resolve billing issues and answering invoicing questions.
- Coordinating with the collections department on delinquent accounts.
- Assisting in preparing billing and accounting reports
- Developing and maintaining a filing system.
- Supporting other accounts payable departments as needed
You will need to have the following: :
- Familiarity with MS Office (especially Excel).
- Good math skills, a sharp eye for detail, and an analytical mind.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Organizational and leadership skills.
- People oriented and results driven attitude.
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics.
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- Customer service skills — dealing with multiple customers, co-workers, and superiors.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to talk to diverse sets of customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Teaching & Management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training, advancement to supervisory or management roles, and those with prior experience increase their chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.
Your GainWhat you may gain while on the job: