Bartender - Hospitality Job in Chattanooga, TN
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 17-1-6638
Are you interested in working in a fast-paced hospitality environment with a chance to learn the business from the inside out? Here’s a chance to serve as an integral person to making sure an event runs smoothly, handling vital tasks including: mixing and serving beverages, collecting payment from customers, and answering customer questions.
If this sounds like the challenge you’re looking for, then a job as a Bartender could be the right role for you.
Bartender responsibilities may include the following:
- Mixing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Processing beverage sales on a cash register
- Collecting payments from customers including cash and credit. Cleaning bar glasses and utensils.
- Ensuring the cash drawer is balanced before and after their shift.
- Keeping the bar counter and shelves clean and well-stocked.
- Answering customer questions and offering drink recommendations.
- Excellent customer service skills and a friendly demeanor
- Proven experience mixing cocktails and other beverages
- Basic understanding of math
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High School degree; additional experience as a cashier would be a plus
- Customer service skills — dealing with multiple customers, co-workers, and superiors.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to talk to diverse sets of customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Teaching & Management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training, advancement to supervisory or management roles, and those with prior experience increase their chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.
You will need to have the following: :
Your GainWhat you may gain while on the job: