Banquet Server - Hospitality Job in Modesto, CA
Location: Modesto, CA
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 37-21-4686
Are you looking for work in the food service industry? If you enjoy working with people … serving food and drinks … and just staying on your toes in a fast-paced environment, then a job as a banquet server might be right for you!
Banquet servers and related food & beverage jobs may require the following:
- Greeting customers and answering their questions about menu items and specials.
- Taking food or drink orders from customers and relaying orders to kitchen staff.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner food and drink orders, such as sandwiches, salads, meals, and coffee.
- Communicating meal requirements, allergies, dietary, and special requests to captain or kitchen supervisor.
- Serving food and drinks to customers at a bar counter, stand, or table.
- Cleaning work areas, tables, or counters
- Replenishing and stocking service stations, cabinets, and tables.
- Setting tables, preparing food trays for new customers, ensuring courses are cleared, and tables crumbed.
- Replenishing buffet items to ensure consistency and freshness in presentation.
- Bar staff; serving coffee, soda, and other beverages, or prepare specialties, such as milkshakes and ice cream sundaes, and keeping bar equipment clean and glasses washed.
- Standing, bending, climbing stairs, and carrying items weighing 25-50 pounds.
- Working extended dining hours, early morning, late evening, weekend, and holidays.
You will need to have the following:
- Strong communication skills (English) and the ability to listen carefully to customers’ orders and correctly relay them to the kitchen staff to ensure orders are prepared to the customers’ satisfaction.
- A positive attitude with strong customer service skills
- The ability to handle customer requests in a courteous and professional manner.
- Good physical stamina and the ability to stand for extended periods of time, carry heavy trays, clean work areas, and attend to customer requests without difficulty.
- A High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous food service experience is a bonus, but no experience required!
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — the job will keep you on the move throughout the day.
- Time management and organizational skills — handling multiple tasks and serving multiple customers at once.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to talk to diverse sets of customers.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Team work — partnering with kitchen, bar and management staff to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Teaching & Management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
Less than 1 Year