Amusement Park Worker - Indianapolis, IN
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 25-75-3024
Are you interested in working in a fun-filled atmosphere? If you have a knack for working in fast-paced environments … like helping people have a good time … or just like the idea of working at diverse events and attractions … then a job as an Amusement Park Worker could be a great opportunity for you.
Amusement Park jobs may require the following:
- Constructing, maintaining, and operating thrill rides.
- Working/operating concession stands, serving as ushers, ticket-takers or security personnel.
- Issuing tickets or passes and handling payments at front gates, admissions booths, or offices.
- Greeting and welcoming guests using clear and professional language.
- Explaining and answering questions about park attractions, services, merchandise, food items, etc.
- Working as an entertainer, or in other departments including security, marketing, or personnel.
- Serving food and beverages, selling goods at gift shops, entertaining visitors, and managing staff.
- Enforcing safety rules and requirements to prevent injury to staff and customers.
- Ensuring a clean and professional personal appearance, including uniform and nametag (if needed).
- Standing, bending, climbing stairs, and carrying items weighing 25-50 pounds.
- Possibly working extended hours, early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
You will need to have the following:
- Strong communication skills and the ability to listen carefully to customers’ orders or questions (English required).
- A positive attitude with the ability to follow instructions and handle customer requests in a professional manner.
- Good physical stamina and the ability to stand for extended periods of time, carry heavy trays or equipment, clean work areas, and meet customer requests without difficulty.
- Cash handling and math skills for working ticket booths, gift shops, or any place where calculating and giving correct change is required.
- Familiarity with mechanical or industrial arts for working and maintaining rides (prior experience a bonus).
- Speech & theatre skills/knowledge is a bonus (for performer or entertainer roles).
- For food service — good customer service skills and knowledge of food safety practices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- No prior experience needed for most roles and on-the-job training is provided.
- At least 16 years of age.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — the job will keep you on the move throughout the day.
- Customer service skills — handling multiple tasks and dealing with multiple customers.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to talk to diverse sets of customers.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Teaching & management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for advancement to supervisory or management roles, and those with prior experience increase their chances of landing a job, getting promoted, and possibly earning higher pay.