Accounts Payable Clerk - Accounting / Finance Job in Sarasota, FL
Location: Sarasota, FL
Industry: Accounting / Finance
Job Type: Temp to Hire
Are you the analytical and methodical type with experience in payroll administration and knowledge of payroll regulations? Do you possess integrity, team spirit and strong organizational skills, and the ability to ensure payroll procedures are compliant, efficient and up to date? If this describes you, then you just might be the right candidate for the Accounts Payable Clerk role!
Accounts Payable Clerk responsibilities may include the following:
- Keeping track of all payments and expenses including payroll check, invoices, and purchase orders.
- Verifying employees' time worked, production, commission and post wages, deductions.
- Prepare and distribute checks and/or initiate direct deposits.
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports.
- Resolving issues and answering account-related questions.
- Preparing and sending out invoices to customers.
- Filing away copies of invoices, purchase orders, checks, and other account-related paperwork.
You will need to have the following: :
- Proven experience as an accounts payable clerk or similar role.
- Current knowledge of payroll procedures and related laws.
- Excellent understanding of multi-location payroll and taxes.
- Familiarity with payroll software/HRIS (e.g. SAP, ADP, Kronos) and MS Office (especially Excel).
- Good math skills, a sharp eye for detail, and an analytical mind.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Organizational and leadership skills.
- BSc/BA in Business Administration, Accounting, Human Resources or related field; professional certification (e.g. CPP, CPM) is a big plus.
- People oriented and results driven attitude.
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics.
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- Knowledge of labor law and HR best practices.
- Customer service skills — dealing with multiple customers, co-workers, and superiors.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to talk to diverse sets of customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Teaching & Management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training, advancement to supervisory or management roles, and those with prior experience increase their chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.
Your GainWhat you may gain while on the job: