CERTIFIED FLAGGER – TRAFFIC CONTROL TECHNICIAN
Come join our team! Labor Finders has 30-50 immediate openings for flaggers / traffic control technicians. Flexible, part-time work schedules with opportunities for up to 60 hours per week. We offer you the flexibility you need with the immediate results you want! Daily pay available. Maintaining your own, reliable transportation is a plus, but, not required.
A Flagger has the charge to protect the lives of workmen, motorists, pedestrians, and bicyclists on the roadway. Flaggers have lives, materials, and equipment in their hands. Road construction, maintenance, municipal services, and utility operations may not be safe without a flagger.
Flaggers should be active, able-bodied men and women who possess a good temperament, eyesight, and hearing. Flaggers should be intelligent and have the capability of securing the traveling public’s cooperation through effective communication.
1. Must be in Good Physical Condition
• Good hearing and vision
• Mobile enough to escape danger (errant vehicle)
• Be able to control a signaling device (paddle) in adverse conditions
• Able to work on site for 8 hours or more, including standing for extended periods
• Be drug and alcohol free
• Able to work in severe weather conditions including prolonged sun and wind exposure
2. Must be Intelligent
• Receive and perform specific instruction
• Have common sense and good judgment
• Make wise and informed choices
• Adapt to changing situations
• Recognize dangerous situations and react
3. Must be able to Communicate
• Be courteous and patient
• Give clear directions and instructions
• Be able to take a firm command
Entry-level positions into the construction / heavy industrial / transportation industries. There is no experience necessary as Labor Finders will provide the necessary training opportunities for motivated and hardworking individuals.